Point Pleasant, WV – To continue to prioritize the safety of patients, employees and the community, Pleasant Valley Hospital has implemented a no visitor policy until further notice.
“After considering what was best for the safety of our patients and employees, we made this difficult decision,” said Timothy Damron, MD, medical staff president at Pleasant Valley Hospital. “The situation with COVID-19 is rapidly changing and we must adapt our policies to change with it. We truly appreciate the community’s understanding and cooperation.”
The following policies are in place until further notice:
• No one will be permitted to be with a patient with few exceptions.
• Exceptions, will be considered for circumstances such as end of life care
• No visitors for anyone in isolation for suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
For PVH outpatient clinics, Express Care and emergency rooms:
• Family members will not be allowed to accompany their loved ones into the office or exam room unless absolutely necessary.
• If an essential caregiver is needed for assistance, only one person may accompany a patient.
Authorized visitors will be identified with a badge provided to them at the hospital’s main entrance and Wellness Center screening checkpoints. Additional visitors will not be permitted in the lobby areas.
To stay up to date with information regarding COVID-19, please visit our coronavirus updates page.