As part of our commitment to the health care of our community, as well as the safety of our patients and employees, Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) will be updating its visitation policy.
- Visitation will be between 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and during discharge instructions. Patients can now have (2) visitors each day. Only (1) visitor will be in the building at a time. They may feel free to leave and enter our building as needed.
- Compassionate care considerations may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Exceptions to visitation hours may be made for essential caregivers.
- The visitor may leave the patient room to go to the cafeteria OR to meet food delivery personnel in the lobby. Please do not roam freely through out our health care facility.
- Pediatric patients who are admitted will be allowed up to (2) essential caregivers (parents or guardians) who may come into the building with the purpose of staying with the patient during their stay. If the parent or guardian is unable to wear a mask they will not be allowed to accompany patient.
- All inpatient visitors/essential caregivers should arrive wearing a mask and continue to wear during their entire stay. Visitors should provide their own mask if possible. If they are unable to wear a mask they will not be allowed to visit.
- No visitors for patients in isolation for suspected or confirmed Covid-19.
- Visitors will be screened at the front entrance using a brief series of questions and a temperature check.
- All visitors should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or apply hand sanitizer upon entry and departure from the patient rooms and facility.
- Visitors must be over 18 years of age.
- These visitor guidelines apply to vendors and contractors needing to come inside of PVH facilities as well.
- Emergency room patients may have (1) person accompany them into the facility/room who must remain in the room with the patient during their ER visit.
- Exceptions to these restrictions will be made on a case-by-case basis based on special circumstances and/or prior approval of designated leadership.
- All other visitors must remain in their vehicles or in the waiting room.
- All visitors will wear a mask and continue to wear during the entire ER stay. Visitors should provide their own mask if possible.
- If the visitor is unable to wear a mask they will not be allowed to accompany the patient.
Surgical Service/Outpatient Procedures
- All adult patients having an outpatient procedure or surgical procedure will be allowed to have a (1) person accompany them. They will wait in the designated areas and maintain appropriate 6 feet distancing among other patients or visitors.
Physician Offices and Clinics
- All patients should arrive wearing a mask and continue to wear during the entire visit if condition allows.
- Patients at physician offices and clinics may be asked to wait in their vehicles or outside the office until the appointment. Contact your provider’s office/clinic for information prior to your appointment.
- (1) family member or essential care giver of the adult patient will be allowed to accompany their loved ones into the office or exam room. Please maintain appropriate 6 feet distancing among other patients or visitors. Visitors should provide their own mask if possible. If they are unable to wear a mask they will not be allowed to accompany the patient.
- Pediatric patients will be allowed (2) designated care givers to accompany the patient.